Inuit: The Snow Folk
Type: Card Drafting, Tableau Building, Set Collection
A game by: Alexey Konnov, Alexey Paltsev, Anatoliy Shklyarov, Trehgrannik
Art by: Paulina Wach
Play time: 30–45 min
Release date: March 2019 (unreleased)
Status: In production
Inuit: The Snow Folk is a card-based strategy game of drafting and tableau building for 2–4 players.
On your turn:
- Draw cards from the common deck and place them face up on the table.
- Choose one type of card to draft into your village.
- The number of cards you draft is based on the number of Inuit of a given occupation:
- Elders expand your village.
- Shamans call upon powerful Spirits and perform mysterious Rites.
- Warriors bring you the weapons of those they conquer.
- Hunters provide precious game: seals, orcas, and polar bears.
- Scouts allow you to choose from more cards each turn.
Inuit: The Snow Folk is a creative reimplementation of Natives, a 2017 release, updated with new lavish art and adding 2 new modular expansions: The Spirit of the Great White and Rising Sun.